Friday 13 March 2015

Betty As A Pencil Drawing

Inspired by my attempts to turn my pencil drawing of a tabby cat into a "character cat", I pondered the possibilities of being able to turn Betty into a detailed pencil drawing that could capture the mighty power of her small but very hard stare.

I was ready to be a bit disappointed if I wasn't able to translate her personality onto the paper. Having only ever done one "character cat" before her, I thought my skills might not be up to it. As it happens, apparently miracles do occur, as after a while she appeared on my art journal page, looking as feisty, stroppy and comical as she is in real life.


I've decided to make her into a new blog header because, well, this picture of her makes me laugh so much.

Look into my eyes!

 For a very small cat, Betty has mahoosive ears.

Mahoosive, I tell you!

Betty and I hope you're having a beautiful week, and that your weekend is filled with happy moments. I'm not very well at the moment, and Nurse Betty is making sure I'm properly looked after by giving me lots of fluffy paw smacks to the face and head bonks. What more could a sick person ask for?


2 comments:

  1. Your illustration of Nurse Betty is perfect! Hope you feel better soon, Emma. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Curtise! Hoping all is good in your neck of the woods. Em xx

      Delete

Miaow.